Monday, May 6, 2013

Investing in Others- Part 1

Okay, I know...it's been awhile.  My travel schedule was pretty hectic and I found myself having to prioritize my own life before I could attempt to help others.  As a result, I had to take a break, but now, I am back!  

Since I am continuing this journey with you I chose to start a series that is aptly titled Investing in Others as that is what I set out to do with this blog in the first place.  I have decided from this point forward, I will break my future posts into smaller manageable bite size chunks.  I think when added together as a sum they will be of more value to us both.


Investing in Others - Part 1

Have you ever just had a day, a month, or even a whole year where you constantly said to yourself, “I wish I could catch a break. I wish someone would help me out.” We all have. For many of us, this notion sticks, breeding resentment, which can then lead to self-pity.

But if we want people to help us out, how do we prepare for it? 

That wasn't the question you thought I was going to ask, was it? I mean, you’re probably thinking, “How do I prepare for someone to help me out?” 

Well, let me express it to you through a quote I came across recently. It goes like this:

"Transformation in the world happens when people are healed and start investing in other people.” This idea comes from Michael W. Smith, a Christian rock musician. I gotta tell you, I really like this idea as it relates to you and me and our endeavor here.

You see, while we all need a helping hand from time-to-time, we’re all endowed, at some time or another, with the opportunity and ability to help someone else. And, if we don’t help others when we have the chance, what right do we have to expect help when we need it? That’s not a karmic question, ladies and gentlemen. It’s just plain common sense! And the best way we can proactively help others is by investing in them. 

Let me stop here and ask that you reread this short message and take the next few days to think about how it resonates with you.  In the coming days and weeks I will continue down this path with you in hopes that we can all make a difference in someones lives and in return make a difference in our own.

I resolve to seek progress not perfection, everyday.

See ya soon 

No comments:

Post a Comment